Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bench Project Part III

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


About a million years ago, I started designing a new bench (sitting not work) to replace an existing bench that was on deaths doorstep. Last week I put saw to wood and got started. Heres the progress so far:


What? It doesnt look familiar? Well, it has been a while since you saw the design. You remember, I worked on it forever. Heres a reminder:



There, see it now? No? Hmm. Yeah, probably not. Seems like I completely abandoned that design and just started building something different without a whole lot of thought going into it. How unlike me.

This one is supposed to be more "church pew like". Well see...

Oh, and the original bench? The one that was about to fall apart. Its still there. Even though it is not well made, it is made of real wood. I just bang the doweled joinery back together every other day and it carries on - a daily demonstration of the power of real wood. Try that with pressed sawdust!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment