Monday, February 10, 2014

Stenciled Lampshade

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Yesterday I decided to change up my milk glass lamp. You may remember that it looked like this ...


Then we painted the base (not the milk glass) white, rewired it, and added trim to the shade. 


Perfectly fine, I just wanted to make it a little more exciting. So using what I had around the house, I spray painted the shade white, stenciled with my greek key inspired stencil, and reapplied the trim  (minus the green) with grosgrain trim on top.


I like the repetition of the pattern from the pin board to the shade. Repetition is a great way to keep a space cohesive especially when using multiple patterns!

I moved my current desk to make room for the new desk (finished photos soon!) so I took a few photos on the writing desk in the guest room.






So in about 30 minutes (not including spray paint drying time) and zero dollars in new supplies, my lamp has a brand look! Doesnt get much better than a simple update that costs nothing!

--

This weekend, well be working on finishing the desk for the office and our project for Kristen Duke Photographys February series, decorating with pictures 2013. Check back every day in February for a different contributing post. Ill be sharing a new project there on February 16th, so be sure to check back then!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment