Monday, February 24, 2014

STAGING SEWING MACHINE PHOTOS

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
 
Staging photos can be fun, it is very creative, and it can also be extremely fulfilling.
 
 
For me and our space staging my furniture is extremely labour intensive cause we are in a trailer and
everything has to move. Book shelves, closets, desk, lamps, you name it, it all must find a temporary
 home while I make things look amazing in front of the camera.
 
 
 
I recall one Friday evening I was staging in the showroom, and during the furniture moving part
a large piece was pushed in front of our front door to get it out of my way.
I had gotten all the pictures I needed but was tired by the end and retired to spend time with George.
  Saturday morning comes and we fly out the back door to go yard saling. The day ends up being 10
 hrs on the road and we wrap it up by scheduling a customer to come visit the showroom in an hour.
Hold on  ... we cant even get into the showroom the door is blocked and nothing is set up in there!!!
 Not to mention we are still 30 minutes from home.
 CRAP!!!
 


In the end we make it work, thats what George and I do.
Some days I put off photographing cause Im just not in the mood. So it ends up being worse for the
 next time cause Ill have to do 2 shoots. I even did 3 shoots in one afternoon this week because so
much is getting completed. That was a good day and it ended up being a lot of fun.
 
 
Another huge issue with staging is having all the pretty things in the right color and shape
to add to the picture. I waiting 6 months to use this antique chandelier in a shoot. When you
add something to a photo you better be prepared for someone to ask for it.
In this case the chandelier ended up going with the console.
 
 
Last summer I did a week long photo shoot for .... drum roll please 
Janome 
 
They had started working towards an on line shopping experience for their customers
and asked me to take lovely pictures of their machines. One of the amazing and friendly ladies
who work for Janome is also a subscriber of this blog and that is how they contacted me.
 
The colorful photos near the bottom of each model listing are the pics I took.
 
http://janome-sah.com/sewing-machines/juno-m1250q.html
 
I got to do a shoot with each model and set up all sorts of different
scenes including this one with a Union Jack dresser I had painted.
 
http://janome-sah.com/sewing-machines/juno-j1250.html
 
Check out some of the Janome links I have provided to see more of the work I did for them.
 
 
 

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment